Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chinese food.

Mum asked me to eat some lamb/mutton because according to our tradition, lamb/mutton can help your body fight against cold. It has been colder and colder recently. I missed a lot about many Chinese foods, home-made food. No matter how hard I tried, I cannot make the taste which mum has been making for more than 20 year for our families.

My city is along seashore so definitely we have A LOT sea food to enjoy. I like shrimp and crab most but my city Qingdao is most famous for clam. There are about forty clams per kilogram so it is not famous for its size. It is famous for its taste - you do not have to add any flavorings to make a soup which is amazingly delicious! In addition, my city is also famous for its beer which you can get some even in US which is called TstingTao beer. We do not drink bottle beer or can beer - they are not fresh enough. What we do is to buy some beer from a huge barrel and hold it in a plastic bag. Bring it to home or to a small restaurant to drink with clams - you cannot imagine until you try it - especially add some ice in hot summer. That is the happiness of Qingdao style!

No comments:

Post a Comment