Sunday, November 6, 2011

Rescuing a warbler.

On the same day of Oklahoma Research Day, I attended a class in Norman before I leave for Lawton. When I went down along the garage stairs, I found a bird in the garage building, flying toward a large glass window for his freedom. Obviously he could not understand that he was not able to pass the glass. He kept hitting the glass and it was very fierce. I caught this pretty bird and carried him out for freedom. He was golden belly and dark green back, with a white circle around this eyes. Later on my girl friend told me that bird is a male Nashville warbler and they migrate from Canada to Mexico for winter. Poor warbler missed his direction and got trapped in the garage. When I release my hand, he went away without even a glance. Maybe he was scared by me and eager for his freedom. Anyway, I felt his warm in such a cold morning - birds have bodies at 42 degree.


No comments:

Post a Comment